Thursday, November 4, 2010

Goal and Changes

Photobucket


I finally reached my -55 pound goal! I reached it at home earlier in the week, but my weigh-in at WW this morning made it official!

The last six weeks I've lost 1 pound each week. After having weeks of 2-3 pounds, or sometimes more, one pound at a time has proved frustrating for me. Instead of focusing on that frustration, though, I'm changing things up! Here's how:
  • My DH and I joined a gym this week.  I went yesterday and walked a 5K on the treadmill and spent 20 minutes on an elliptical. I plan on going back tomorrow, early morning, to start working out before my DH has to go to work. (Thursdays are my off day since they're my WW meeting days.)
  • I'm going to focus more on filling foods, rather than just point values. That means a lot more fruits, veggies, dairy and whole grains. I believe that is how we're all meant to eat and it is what I've learned through WW meetings, it is time to get serious about making that more of a focus.
  • I'm going to cut my soda intake to just one a week. I'll have one on Thursdays, which is my "cheat" day, though I still count my points and stay on track. 

If those changes don't bring me a little more success on the scale, then I'll be happy with the changes I'm making in my life and celebrate each pound, Photobucket


Photobucket

5 comments:

Connie said...

I am so proud of you Annie!

I wish I could join a gym!

Laura said...

Way to go Annie!! Congrats on reaching your goal!!

Laura said...

Way to go Annie! Congrats on reaching your goal!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say that I've lost ANYTHING in the last 6 months! Congrats to you! :-) Jill~

Christine said...

one pound at a time is all you can lose...whether it's per week or every other day. Congrats on losing 55 lbs...that's an 8 year old. Great job!