Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cleaning House

Happy Sunday! This morning I weighed myself just to see where I was to know what to expect on Tuesday at my WW weigh-in and things look promising! :o)

Something that is a constant battle of mine besides my weight is my house and cleaning it. I do an okay job most of the time and sometimes even do a fantastic job at keeping it clean, but I'm always striving to find simpler ways to get it done. Today I sat down at my computer with two books at hand. Fly Lady's (aka Marla Cilley) "Sink Reflections" and Sarah Mae's "31 Day to Clean."  Both books are full of great ideas to not only clean your house, give a simple schedule to get it done, but also talk about focusing on family and faith while taking care of your home. Combining the ideas from both books, some of my own, and some from friends and speakers I've heard, I came up with a schedule to get my house clean and keep it that way! Most of my readers here are the ones who do the cleaning, so I thought I'd share it. (You can click on it to make it bigger)


The second line is my weekly laundry schedule. I'll wash one person's laundry each day along with towels, bedding, and extras. Of course there will be days when I'll need to wash extra bedding or someone will need that one specific shirt washed, but this will be my general schedule.

The third line in pink is my weekly schedule. Each day beyond the lower schedule I'll work on certain things throughout the week. If you want to know more about Monday: Home Blessing Day, click HERE.

The 35 boxes with chores listed focus on detail cleaning. It is on a five week rotation rather than a monthly schedule because not all months have the same number of days. You'll notice that I kept Sundays as my day of rest. I have a hard time with this and often find myself scurrying about to clean on Sundays to be ready for Monday to come along. No more of that! Sundays are for church, to rest, enjoy my family and have some quiet alone time, too.

So  why did I choose to write about cleaning on my weight-loss blog? I have found that as I shed pounds I also want to shed clutter from my house. They seem to go hand in hand for me. Letting go of the weight both in pounds off of my body and pounds out of my home has been freeing and I would love to see you all shedding the weight, too!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing your schedule and tips!! I agree that you want to lose the "weight" everywhere. :) I'm horrible at keeping up with my house!

Connie said...

Since I moved into a 990 sq ft apartment....I no longer have a cleaning schedule. Now it takes an hour to do everything!