Friday, July 25, 2014

No Pain, No GAIN?!

     I weighed-in at my Weight Watchers meeting this morning. I gained three pounds. Hmm. I tracked every bite I took, stayed "on-point", and even had two more weekly points that I could have eaten. So what happened? Well, if you ever watch The Biggest Loser, you know that week #2 is often a tough week! People don't lose weight like they were expecting to. You see, our bodies a long, LONG, time ago, had to store fat so that we wouldn't starve. This was so long ago, we're talking about cavemen. If the body thinks that it is losing too much fat too quickly, it goes into "starvation mode". That doesn't mean that you're actually starving, of course, but that the body isn't going to let go of fat when it's used to having it. So, dropping five pounds in my first week made my body freak out a little and it decided it doesn't want to starve. That coupled with TOM (look it up if you don't know what that means) and me wearing blue jeans to weigh-in (I will from now on) added three pounds to my weight. Am I upset by this? Not at all. I know that I did everything I was supposed to do this week and I know that it will be reflected on the scale in the near future. Weight-loss journey, or rather journeys to learning how to living a healthier life, are full of up's and down's. This wasn't my first gain and I'm sure it won't be my last. I'm going to just keep swimming and stay on the right course.



In other news, I'm in my last day of assessment with my ActiveLink today, I think! It says 1 more day, so I hope that tomorrow I'll get my 12 week program to get more active. I'll keep you posted! :)


 Photobucket

1 comment:

Megan said...

I totally had to look up "TOM" haha! It's week 2 for me too and my weight loss has been hovering around the same area all week... a little frustrating but I know (like you) I'm doing the right things and I know it will show soon!