–verb (used with object)
1. to bear or hold up (a load, mass, structure, part, etc.); serve as a foundation for.
The foundation of my weight-loss success is my faith. My God supports me through it.
2. to sustain or withstand (weight, pressure, strain, etc.) without giving way; serve as a prop for.
My body used to have to support a lot more weight. I've been told that your knees support 4 times your weight, per knee. I've lost 86 pounds, that is 344 pounds less weight on each knee.
3. to undergo or endure, especially with patience or submission; tolerate.
It takes a lot of patience to lose weight at a healthy long-term rate.
4. to sustain (a person, the mind, spirits, courage, etc.) under trial or affliction: They supported him throughout his ordeal.
I've had great support from so many friends and family members.
1. the state of being supported.
I am in a constant state of being supported. My blog readers, family, and friends are a huge source of support along with fellow meeting attenders and my WW meeting leader and receptionists.
(of hosiery) made with elasticized fibers so as to fit snugly on the legs, thereby aiding circulation, relieving fatigue, etc.
When I'm at my goal weight, there will be no more need for support hose! LOL!
I have been so blessed to have such a huge community of support. Off the top of my head, I'm going to list some of my supporters here. If I miss you, I apologize in advance!
There are SO many more of you out there who have supported me and for you I am grateful! You ALL deserve a huge gold star.