- Lemons boost the immune system with their vitamin C and also purify the blood and improve the body's ability to get rid of toxins.
- Helps stave off the common cold and flu.
- A healthy liver that works effeciantly
- It may help dissolve gallstones
- It can work as a headache remedy
- It will help clear the skin, removing dead skin, wrinkles, and blackheads and also has anti-aging properties.
- Healthier hair and nails
- It can help prevent heartburn
- Aids in quicker digestion
- Prevents constipation
- Helps fight infections of the throat
- Helps aid respiratory diseases, such as asthma
- Used in dental care as it can cure a toothache, bleeding gums, and relieves bad breath.
- Aids in weight-loss through increased rate of metabolism
I'm am not sure if I believe that drinking lemon water every day will give you all of the benefits listed above, but several articles that I read online (ha!) stated the above. I don't believe everything I read online by any means and I don't think you should either! I do, however, believe that drinking lemon water daily will aid my immune system to do what it should, aid my liver to help clean me out and keep me regular, and that drinking it will help clear my skin. I think it would be fantastic if it helped keep my asthma under control, especially in these winter months that it tends to be a little worse, but I'm not going to count on it. One article I read stated that drinking lemon water every morning will eventually give you the energy you'd normally get from a morning cup of coffee. I don't drink coffee, but I do sometimes have a Diet Coke in the morning for a little boost. I'd love to give that up!
I just drank my first glass of warm lemon water with my lunch. I had to go to the store to buy the lemons, otherwise I would have had it this morning. I read on several articles that drinking it at night is the way to go, several other articles said first thing in the morning. So it seems that time of day doesn't matter as much as just doing it.
Here's the recipe!
- One glass of warm water. Not hot, not cold, just warm. I put about 14 ounces into my glass and warmed it up a little in the microwave, just to make it lukewarm. Have at least 8 ounces of water, dilute it as much as you'd like though.
- 1/2 lemon, juiced.
- Put the lemon juice into the water and drink it.
Stay tuned on this subject. As I drink my lemon water daily I may have some reports for you!
My disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be one. This article is of my opinion only and I do not claim any of it to be factual with the exception that my WW leader spoke of this and that I'll be drinking lemon water daily for awhile! Speak with your doctor if you have questions about drinking lemon water and its benefits.