Okay, now onto bigger and more fun things...New Years Resolutions! As 2010 is coming to an end, I've been reflecting a lot on the year that has gone by. There has been a lot of good in my life this past year and I feel completely blessed. I read a quote last year at the beginning of the year that read, "A year from now you'll wish you had started today." That quote spoke volumes to me and it was after reading it that I decided to finally get on the right track to changing my life for the better. That meant working on losing weight, growing in my faith, reorganizing my house, and more. I have lost weight, I have grown in my faith.....the house is another story, but two out of three isn't bad!
What does that mean for me in 2011? What do I want to strive for this year? Here are a few ideas:
- Weight-loss. I've lost 67 pounds so far. I have 50-65 more to go! I'm not sure yet what my goal weight will be and don't think I'll know until I'm much closer to it. I would love to reach my goal weight in 2011, but am not sure how much it will slow down as I get closer to goal.
- Growing in my faith. I've grown a lot over the last year, but there is always room to grow when you're walking with Jesus.
- Maybe I'll read my Bible in a year. I set out to do that this year, but didn't come close at all to finishing it. Perhaps a fresh start in a new year will be what it takes to finish it.
- School. My son will start kindergarten in the fall of 2011. I'm considering going back to school then, too. Not sure what I want to be when I grow up yet, though. I went for three years for music education with a vocal emphasis, but never finished my degree. Perhaps I will continue that course, or perhaps I'll do something completely different. My prayer is for guidance on that decision and for God to use me for His work.
- Reorganizing my house. I do fairly well with this at times, but there are areas that need complete overhauls!!
- Cooking more. Trying new recipes and learning how to cook healthy, filling, meals would be great. I hope my DH and son can tolerate it!
- Have a garage sale to sell our baby stuff and clothes DS has grown out of. That's a big job, but I think it would be worth it!
- Maybe I'll give up soda for a year! Yeesh...I really like Diet Coke. Could I go without it for one year? I bet if I did I wouldn't want it after that year was over. Hmmm...
- I could take a photo every day of the year. A photo of myself? A photo of my son? A family photo? Or just random stuff that I see every day. That might be fun!
I haven't yet decided which of these things will be my resolutions for 2011. Stay tuned for that decision January 1st!