Friday, September 17, 2010

Reader Questions!

I've had some readers email me with questions, so here are some answers!

  • How much did you weigh when you started WW? My starting weight isn't something I want to share with anyone other than my WW leader, my doctor and my husband. Perhaps someday I will share that information on my blog, but I'm not ready for that at this time. I will say that it started with a two and that, even with forty three pounds down, two is still the first number of my weight. Maybe when it starts with a one I will announce it and then ya'll can do the math if you so desire! ;)
  • How tall are you? I'm 5'7" (170 cm) without any shoes on.
  • What is the trick to success with WW? Tracking your points! If you want to "do" the WW program, you absolutely have to track your points (food intake)! It is easy to do and as long as you're accountable for every bite you take, you will succeed. It isn't an option for me to not track my points. I'm a Weight Watcher and that means I track my points for every bite I take. No excuses!
  • What is your favorite treat to splurge on? I love ice cream, but I don't splurge on it anymore. I've found WW ice cream snacks, Skinny Cow, and Smart Ones that I like, so I get that craving satisfied without the guilt of a splurge. There really isn't anything that I splurge on anymore as I've found new recipes for favorite meals and desserts that are healthier, but still taste great. Also..."treat" is misleading because I think that more often than not, those "treats" should be called "mistreats" because you're mistreating your body and weight-loss journey by having them. A confession, though, I did have a mini DQ blizzard a few weeks ago and it was delish and totally worth the 8 points it cost me that day! ;)
  • Are you allowed to have _____ on your diet? I've been asked this so many times! First of all, WW is not a diet because diets have an end to them. I'll be a Weight Watcher for the rest of my life, that's how it works and how you keep off the weight you lose. Now to answer the question, yes I can have ___ whatever I want! Seriously, whatever I want, nothing is off limits. I just have to be accountable for whatever I eat, count the points and stay on track. That's it. There are no limitations with WW!  That doesn't mean that I DO eat anything I want, however. I want to eat healthier options such as whole grain pastas, lean meats, and lots of vegetables!
  • Boxers or briefs? Haha!! That's hilarious. I do need to buy some new underwear because some of mine are too big and look more like boxers now!


I hope you enjoyed this little Q&A session, if you have any questions for me, email me! :)


Photobucket

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Annie you look great. All of your hard work is paying off. I love your profile pick.

Katie Warren said...

Annie, I love reading your blog! I know there will be something I can relate to because we seem so similar. It's like we are kindred spirtis in the dieting world. I am also a WW girl. I am 5'7", and I am also not ready to share my actualy weight or what I started at (other then to say our final similarity from this post is that I am also seeing a 2 at the beginnng of my weight.)

<3 Katie

Lisa said...

Annie, You look amazing. I enjoy reading your blog and watching you transform yourself from the inside out. You are setting a great example for your son and all of us who read your blog. Eating healthy and walking---keep up the great job!!!! I am proud of you and you should be proud of yourself as well. -Lisa

simplybitten said...

I don't share my weight either, and people ask me all the time! Actually, I get the same questions (except for the boxers and briefs, lol) I tell people that WW isn't a diet, it's a livet, (don't know how to spell that made up word!) This is the way I choose to live my life now!
Make sure you do something wonderful when you move into ONEderland! it is awesome! Still love following your success!!! Thank you for your inspiration!!
BTW, I weigh in again tomorrow, but as of last Saturday I am down 59.2 pounds and have 6 (SIX!) pounds left to goal!
Enjoy your day!
Cyndee