Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1st Weigh-in and a little rant about DPA's

I weighed in this morning and lost 1.8 pounds this week! I'm thrilled with the result as I wasn't very good with eating as my DH has been out of town for awhile and I tend to eat more comfort foods when he's away like pasta, pasta, chips and more pasta. I tracked everything I ate, though, and stayed on point and it worked!

At my meeting this morning I was sitting next to a lady and another young lady who I assume is the lady's daughter. Before the meeting started I overheard the older one telling the younger one that it was okay for her not to eat all of her daily points allowance and that she could bank her points for the next day. Meaning if she had 8 points left over at the end of the day, she could eat those 8 the next day without any repercussion. No, no, no! I didn't know what to do, it wasn't my business to correct her as I was just overhearing their conversation, but I didn't want to let it go, either. I told my WW leader about it afterward and she said she would mention it to them. If you are doing that, banking your points, stop right now!!! You daily points allowance is just that...DAILY! Eat those points every day, if you happen to have some left over throughout the day, then you need to change your menu so that you're getting them all in. If you have some left over every day, you'll lose weight, but once you get closer to your goal and you end up eating all of your daily points allowance, you're going to plateau big time and get frustrated. Eating your DPA (daily points allowance) every day allows you to lose weight at a healthy rate and you will continue to do so as you get closer and closer to goal. Don't mess it up by working the system to your benefit now, it doesn't work that way and you won't succeed at maintaining. Weight Watchers works, do the program the way it is intended to be done and you'll have great success!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Kenlie said...

That's one thing I miss so much about my WW meeting! It was like one big giant conversation before, after and during our meetings. I would have totally chimed in. ;) I'm really glad you said something to your leader because that definitely needs to be fixed!

Congrats on being down another 1.8! You're on fire! =)