Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Inspiring Verse

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 
1 Corinthians 9: 24-27

I just read this verse on another blog and had to share it with you! What race are you running? This verse can apply to so many aspects of our lives. Your race could be an illness, weight-loss, a literal race, or any number of things. Whatever it is that you're racing against, race to win! Give it all you've got and, with Jesus, you'll get to the finish line!

I weight in tonight. I'm hoping to have lost at least two of the 4.4 I gained last week. Wish me luck!

Photobucket

No comments: