Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Quick Rant

I need to rant just a little bit about something that is just buggin' me! There is a local news station hosting a weight-loss competition through a local gym. They have 13 constestants working with a personal trainer and such and in the end someone will win a membership to the gym, food from Complete Nutrition, and...something else, I don't know. Anyway, they're giving daily tips to people on their Facebook page. The first tip was "you are what you eat" (uh...that's not a tip). Today's tip is "Avoid sugar! We all have cravings, but don't give in. Sugar can be our worst nightmare when it comes to weight loss." WRONG! If you cut out any type of food altogether, you're going to end up wanting it more and binging on it later! Be responsible for your food intake, treat yourself every now and then, and you'll be much more likely to keep the weight off for the long haul! It irritates me to no end when people tell you to cut this or that out. No, go ahead and have that brownie, ice cream, or margarita, just don't have your indulgence every day, or even every week! If you cut it out, you'll be much more likely to binge on it later and you'll never be satisfied! It isn't worth it and it isn't a way to lose weight for LIFE.

 

Rant over.... ;)

Photobucket

5 comments:

T,V, W,I and G said...

OMG totally agree with you!!! my motto is slow and steady. I realized that if I try to change everything I eat... I will never stick to it! I am just being more AWARE of what goes in and portion control. No denying anything yet!

TMLfans.ca said...

Annie, I agree with you. I just blogged this morning about my Coke addiction and how I'm weaning it off slowly with diet colas. It all takes time... Cheers!

ERICA said...

There is a great example of losing weight fast, compared to losing weight FOREVER. If you avoid all sugar you will go buckwild the next time you let yourself have it. You are totally on the RIGHT track. Keep up the good work Annie.

ERICA said...

I gave you an award. Check out my blog for the details!

Amy said...

I think you should write them and tell them what you think. Tell them your story and share this blog with them.

Offer to contract with them to provide the tips/FB updates. Maybe you'll be their new go-to food and fitness gal. I'm totally serious.